Recommended Websites and Resources
Please enjoy some of the websites and resources we have gathered for your information.
- Access Ontario's site provides explanations of disabilities and its barriers, tips and tools relating to disability issues, as well as providing understanding of Ontario's Accessibility laws - http://accesson.ca/en/accesson
- The United Nations Website “Enable” provides information and resources on the Rights and Dignity of Persons with a Disability - http://www.un.org/disabilities/
- The Ontario Human Rights Commission’s website describes disability and the duty to accommodate - http://www.ohrc.on.ca/en/issues/disability
- The Ministry of Community and Social Services website provides many resources with regards to the Accessibility Standards as part of the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 - https://www.ontario.ca/page/accessibility-laws
- The Teachable Project website is a hub offering a rich range of supports that will help teachers and other classroom staff include accessibility issues in the everyday learning of the classroom - http://theteachableproject.org/
- Teaching Tolerance is a site for educators to find thought-provoking news, lessons, conversation and support for those who care about diversity, equal opportunity and respect for differences in schools - http://www.tolerance.org/classroom-resources
- Together we Rock’s website offers information that inspires citizens to build communities that are accessible to and inclusive of people who have a disability - http://www.togetherwerock.com
- Augmentative Communication Community Partnerships Canada offers guidelines and resources on communicating with people who have communication disabilities - http://www.accpc.ca/Resources_Communication_Access.htm
- Ryerson University’s learning and teaching offices provides tips and strategies for teaching students with disabilities as well as information on disability etiquette - http://www.ryerson.ca/lt/resources/supporting_students
- ETFO - Social Justice Begins With Me resource provides a list of K-8 picture books related to accessibility and disability - http://www.etfo.ca/Resources/
- Guide Dog Etiquette (CNIB)
Hyperlinks are provided above with the intent of assisting users in researching issues and topics. There may be websites linked from this site that are operated by organizations outside of the Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board (KPRDSB). These organizations are solely responsible for the operation and information found on their sites. Linking from this site does not imply any endorsement of the organization or information found on the website. Any comments or inquiries regarding the linked websites should be directed to the organization operating the website.