Technology Enabled Learning and Teaching
The Role of the Technology-Enabled Learning and Teaching Contact
Each school board in Ontario has a Technology-Enabled Learning and Teaching Contact (TELT). The TELT contact for KPRDSB works collaboratively with staff and students to create an understanding of the enabling role of technology for students to attain the competencies for learning in the 21st century (Character Education, Citizenship, Communication, Critical Thinking and Problem-Solving, Collaboration, and Creativity). Technology use is focused on enabling students to be innovative, intellectually curious, and creative in their learning.
How Can Your TELT Contact Help?
- Provide assistance in using Ministry Licensed Digital Resources/OSAPAC
- Digital Citizenship Supports
- Work collaboratively with teachers in evaluating technology enabled resources for student learning (e.g., app, e-book, website)
- Support in using the Provincial VLE (Virtual Learning Environment) - Desire to Learn for blended learning
- Use of Edsby to Support Student Learning
- Homework Help Registration Guide and Homework Help Parent Flyer
Professional learning and classroom resources are shared with KPRDSB staff in the Edsby Professional Learning Community - “Technology Enabled Learning and Teaching”.
In support and extension of TELT, Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board has recently opened a portal through the use of a new application known as Edsby, to promote parent/teacher/student communication, collaboration and feedback. This virtual tool can be used by teachers to make the files they would like their student’s to access available online and provide a virtual space through which parents can view student progress and communicate with their child’s teacher.
For more information, contact:
Student Success, Instructional Leadership Consultant,
Blended Learning and Instructional Technologies
Technology Enabled Learning and Teaching Contact (TELTc)
Office: (705) 742-9773 Ext: 2384